Our Vietnamese lacquerware is made using traditional techniques and it can take up to 90 days to make one piece.
Your lacquerware has been through up to 40 stages before it is completed. It is durable as it has had sixteen to twenty layers of lacquer so with care it will give you years of use.
To retain its natural beauty please follow this care advice.
- Wash your lacquerware in warm soapy water and dry using a soft cloth.
- Avoid use of harsh cleaning chemicals.
- Do not soak in water.
- Please do not wash lacquerware in the dishwasher or use it in the microwave or oven.
- Please also avoid using sharp implements when using serving dishes or bowls.
- Keep lacquerware out of direct sunlight.
- Although lacquerware vases have been waterproofed, as these are entirely hand-crafted products it is advised that the vase is placed on a saucer or plate when first used to ensure there is no leakage.
- To keep lacquerware looking its best, outer surfaces or decorative items may be polished with a small amount of car wax and a clean, soft, lint-free cloth