We chose all our products because we love them and have used them.
All the lacquerware sold by Silkwood Traders comes from one supplier in south Vietnam. The products are made by skilled craftspeople who work in their own villages alongside their own family members and community members who are also engaged in different aspects of the manufacturing process. All the workers receive a fare wage and work in small family groups. There is no factory as such as everyone works in small open air workshops.
All workers have access to healthcare, additional training if required and all the local children receive full schooling. No children are involved in the manufacturing process.
All the workers are encouraged to get involved in the running of the company and their feedback on product development, new patterns is actively welcomed by the owners of the company.
We visit the village on a regular basis and also visit the workshops where the products are made. We have personally satisfied ourselves that the workers are working in suitable conditions and receiving a fair wage for the work they do. As a communist country, Vietnam actually has some very stringent labour laws.
We have not applied for formal Fair Trade certification as this process costs money and we would rather pay better rates to the workers and help them keep their prices competitive.
Buy with confidence
Our website meets all the latest requirements for secure shopping and checkout – keeping your information and payment details secure.
Silkwood Traders uses SAGEpay for processing credit card payments. Sage Pay is a UK founded and based business. It has the highest level of card data security (PCI DSS Level 1 compliant) so our customers can trade with peace of mind and shoppers are protected against fraud. Sagepay is part of Sage group payroll and accounting services.
Return with confidence
- Silkwood Traders will offer a full refund or replacement of a faulty product.
- Please contact Silkwood Traders before making a return to discuss the return and methods of shipping.
- Once the return and the method of shipping has been confirmed by Silkwood Traders, Silkwood Traders will bear the cost of postage for the return of faulty goods.
- We will exchange or refund non-faulty/unwanted products which are returned to us in saleable condition, within 7 days of receiving the goods.
- The purchaser is responsible for the delivery cost of returning non-faulty or unwanted products.
Contact details and address for returns:
Silkwood Traders, The Wrens, Rosehill, TR20 8TE. Tel: 01736 600258; [email protected]