A Silkwood Traders red and black splash wooden lacquer photo frame starts life as a tree from managed plantations which after being harvested is turned into a wood composite fibreboard.
Each red and black splash wooden lacquer photo frame is carefully prepared, hand-painted and layer upon layer of lacquer applied over a period of several months. In between each layer of lacquer, the item is left to dry, sanded back and then another layer applied giving a beautiful shine and depth of colour. It also results in a strong and robust finish which can withstand most bumps and drops. But always better to be safe than sorry so we always advise to handle with care. After all, it took three months to make!
- 18cm x 13cm (5 x 7inches)
- Can be used in either portrait or landscape orientation
- Can be hung on the wall or stood up using its own integral stand
- Glass front
- Presented in a handmade silk covered gift box
- Includes `how lacquer is made’ information card.